Thursday, October 20, 2011

all about Babbz (*Warning..Incredibly selfish post all about me!!! )

(DISCLAIMER: My life is NOT perfect...so don't even be thinking that it is!!! But here is what is good and extremely wonderful.... and I will admit that life seems just a little better than usual today because it was payday....LOL)

Hey y'all...so I' thought I'd update you a little about what is going on in my life.

First of all...today I took the plunge!!! Thanks to the Social Security Office worker I am now known by Mr. Obama as Bar-Fin!! (I am now officially Barbara Finlinson..LOL) Rust thought I was putting it off because I was still deciding if that is what I really wanted....... ;-)

AND...

Life is fab....!!

School Rox!!

Fam is the bestest!!!

and

Future looks and feels AMAZING!!


....my newest bit of news is that today Rust scared the holyiness right out of me. I went to the DMV to get my car registered... I told him what I was doing and apparently he quickly made a devious little plan. He called over there (Did I mention that he knows EVERYBODY in this town??? GOOD GRIEF!!) and told the lady working to watch for a girl with curly blonde hair and give her a hard time. Well sure enough when I got there I had just gotten up to the counter to pay when Rust and his crew walked in. They looked like their regular everyday, up to no good, selves so I laughed at them and unsuspectingly gave the lady my renewal papers. She looks me up in the computer and with the sternest of looks and voice told me that my car had been reported stolen, and that I could not drive away, I had to give her my keys and that the police would be notified that the car was there. Ummmmmmmm WHAT THE???? LOL I was freaking out, telling her that it was my car and that I didn't steal it and that I had NOT reported it stolen. I was panicking. All the while Rust sits down in a chair and looks concerned. I asked the lady if she was yanking my chain. I looked at Rust and then I looked at her and she, with a total straight face, said NO! Long story short, she busted up laughing and so did Rust and his crew and I knew I had just been played!! BIG TIME!! LOL I went right over to beat the living day lights out of him. But I was laughing so hard I had tears and couldn't really see him. That big NERD!!!!! Paybacks are not fun........ is all I can say!!!!

Anyways!!!!!!!!!!!! My biggest news was that I was a reporter last Friday!!! And I have to say that it was one of the funnest things I have ever done!!! For my journalism class we were given the assignment to go and interview the "Occupy Salt Lake" Protestors!!! They were at Pioneer Park in Salt Lake. (OK, OK, yes, I do admit to being afraid of that place my entire life!!) But can I just say I had a blast. I told myself that journalists have to be fearless and I went!! Even though I plan on applying to law school, I know that if worse comes to worse and I don't make it quite that far (although that is SO NOT happening!! I am totally making it that far!!!) I can be confident in the fact that I LOVE journalism and the adventure of finding the story!!

Here is a pic...



It inspired me!!! I have made it a long way since I started this journey of school.. It has taught me that I can do inconceivably hard things!!! I can juggle 500 different things at the same time. I can do anything and go as far as I want...It just depends on what I put into it!! I hope through all of this my children are inspired by the pricelessness (is that even a word?) of an education and what it does for a person's self-worth and what it teaches you about life!!

I have also learned that I have an insanely unselfish husband who supports me through all of this without one complaint. I come home to dinner and happy children. I adore him. He is a peacemaker and I so admire him for that. He is absolutely brilliant in everything he does and I love him more than anything in this world.

( but unfortunately...............I still hate laundry!!!)

Until next time, blogging world.....

-Babbz (Bar-Fin)

2 comments:

  1. I loved your blog story (LOL!!!) uncle Rust is such a NERD! ( But in a good way!) that is sooooo funny what he did to you! so long!~ love you~ tell everyone that I said hi!
    - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara! I'm so glad you had fun, you look oh so professional. I'm rooting for law school, but if not, we hope to see you on the news :)

    ReplyDelete